The constant innovation in medical technology, newly forming intricacies in the nursing field and the larger role that nurses are supposed to play nowadays are just some of the reasons why many registered nurses are now choosing to go for RN to BSN programs. And since the health care industry is creating so many new jobs, it seems like a wise choice for registered nurses to go in for these programs. After all, they will help them grow in their career.
These programs are basically higher education programs for nurses which can be completed in as little as a couple of semesters. The most common enrollees into these programs include nurses that are currently holding diplomas in nursing or associate degrees in nursing. Apart from this, people that have completed various other degree courses (even if they are in a non-medical field) can also enroll in these programs. If you don’t know why these programs are so popular, given below are just a few of the reasons:-
1. There are many things which may make a registered nurse consider one of these programs. But the most common reason would obviously be for better career prospects. Who would want to be stuck in the same dead end job for the rest of their life? But, if you want to, for example, get a job in nursing at the management level, you will need to at least have a BSN degree with you and what better way of getting this degree than by opting for an online RN to BSN programs. Nurses with a BSN can get jobs as head or chief nurse, director or assistant director and even positions as high as vice chairman.
2. When a nurse completes a RN to BSN program, he/she gets many of the opportunities that are otherwise only available to nurses who have completed advanced training programs. This means that he/she will be able to earn more money as well. And when the chances of landing a high level management job increase (Thanks to your BSN degree) who says the pay isn’t going to increase substantially as well?
3. Even health care professionals that are currently working can benefit from this program. There are many online programs available which are quite flexible with timings. You can prepare your schedule in a way that would be convenient for you and wouldn’t interrupt your job at all. This way, you can ensure you have a steady flow of income while studying to advance in your career.
4. Lastly, the high level of personal satisfaction which comes along with the completion of a RN to BSN program is second to none. You will find your career finally moving forward and you will also be proud of this major educational achievement. And don’t forget, the additional knowledge will also make you a lot better at what you do. So what are you waiting for? Enroll in a course today.
- Paramedic to RN Bridge Programs (nurse2care.wordpress.com)
- Entry Level Options for a Career in Nursing (nurse2care.wordpress.com)
- The impact of IOM report on nursing reforms assessed (medicalnewstoday.com)
- How Nursing Bridge Programs Help those who are Interested in Nursing (nurse2care.wordpress.com)
- Practical Nursing vs. Professional Nursing (inanurseblog.wordpress.com)
- Guest Author: Nurse (fall2013workforce.wordpress.com)
- Nancy Proctor Alga, RN, BSN, Represents Maryland (internationalnursesassociation.wordpress.com)
- Joseph Gaetano Sciabica, RN, BSN, MBA, Represents Illinois (internationalnursesassociation.wordpress.com)
- Lawrence J. Waldman, RN, BSN, Represents Texas (internationalnursesassociation.wordpress.com)
- New rules require veteran nurses to go back to college as RN-BSN programs flourish (nj.com)